- 01-05-2013 Exterior boiler work full speed ahead.
- 01-12-2013 Wailing away on misc. exterior boiler plumbing.
- 01-19-2013 Pressing on with exterior boiler plumbing and stay-bolt cap work in frigid weather.
- 01-26-2013 Cold, rainy week . . . work called off.
- 02-02-2013 Whole lotta work going on . . .
- 02-09-2013 Lots of action in the good weather 2/6.
- 02-16-2013 More cats, more stay-bolt caps and some more mashed phalanges.
- 02-23-2013 Stay-bolts, cab wood work, and root-valve work.
- 02-23-2013 Tour of the ABQ Rail Yards (Old Santa Fe Locomotive Maintenance Facility) with Dr. Frank G.
- 02-23-2013 Ron T.'s Rail Yard Cathedral panorama.
- 03-02-2013 More Stay-bolts, cab wood work, root-valve work and driver-alignment-wedge tool fab.
- 03-09-2013 Grand Canyon RR to the rescue, Side rods going back on!
- 03-16-2013 More Side rods going back on!
- 03-23-2013 Side rod Bonanza despite hi-winds!
- 03-30-2013 Side Rods on, workin' on the big brakes (and ugh, still more stay-bolt caps).
- 04-06-2013 Poco Quatros visit . . . and more stay-bolt cap work . . . will it ever end?
- 04-13-2013 Fireman's Ed. at GCRY, while a little boiler prep here & there back at the WHQs.
- 04-20-2013 A busy week for NMSL&RHS, capped by the WHEELS Museum fundraiser Gala.
- 04-27-2013 PM on Tender brakes for Nat'l Train Day, fire-box burner removal, main brake cyl. work rages on.
- 05-04-2013 Finishing up brake work on Tender, burner clean-up, more fab on steam exhaust.
- 05-10-2013a Tender wash for Nat'l Train Day.
- 05-10-2013b Congresswoman Michelle Lujan Grisham visits.
- 05-11-2013 National Train Day at Alvarado Transportation Center.
- 05-18-2013 Clearing trees & brush, Main Brake Cylinder and Firebox-Burner work.
- 05-25-2013 Getting closer to finishing the Big Brakes on the Locomotive.
- 06-01-2013 Driver Eccentric Cranks and new Steam Exhaust installed.
- 06-08-2013 Eccentric Crank, Air Tank, and (of course) more stay-bolt cap work.
- 06-08-2013b Grand Canyon Railway work on the crossheads, and brake and meeting work back at the World Headquarters.
- 06-15-2013 Cab and Air Tank work, heading out to Pueblo CO to visit 2912.
- 06-22-2013 Back from Pueblo & getting to work cloning some of 2912s parts, as well as various boiler exterior plumbing work.
- 06-29-2013 Hot, short day - started slack adjuster fabrication and painted parts.
- 07-06-2013 Painting, plumbing, fabricating new cab brackets.
- 07-13-2013 Cats, Cab paint, Cap tapping.
- 07-20-2013 Painting, Cab bracket and Slack-Adjuster fabrication, cold-water feed pipe installation.
- 07-27-2013 More Cab bracket and Steam exhaust work.
- 08-03-2013 More Cab bracket fabrication and exterior boiler plumbing installation.
- 08-10-2013 Monthly General meeting, Brake Slack-Adjuster inspection and installation.
- 08-17-2013 Mike rebuilds the Steam Pump & tests it (Cool!), more Stay-bolt Hades and painting.
- 08-24-2013 Cab Bracket and Trailing-Truck Brake Slack-Adjuster Fab, Dynamo is back and fired-up!
- 08-31-2013 Yee-ha! Painting it black!
- 09-07-2013 Cab lift - gettin' ready for Open house 2013.
- 09-14-2013 Albert's Fairmont Speeder distracts the Testosterone gang.
- 09-21-2013 A small army of welders arrive plus getting ready for Open House 2013.
- 09-28-2013 Open House 2013 - Photos by Dr. Mike and Jim Van D.
- 09-28-2013b Open House 2013 - Photos by Warren J.
- 10-05-2013 Back to work after the Open House.
- 10-12-2013 Boiler wash-out fun.
- 10-19-2013 More Stay-bolt cap work - will it ever end?
- 10-26-2013 Work on exterior boiler plumbing and stay-bolt sleeves plods on.
- 11-02-2013 Annual Confined Space and Vertical Rescue Training.
- 11-09-2013 School Group visit, the big push on welding stay-bolt sleeves continues.
- 11-13-2013 Special Photo Album - Nikon visits with 15 professional photographers and a quad-copter!
- 11-16-2013 New Cab seats arrive! Stay-bolt, boiler plumbing, radial buffer fab and brake work continues.
- Photos 2012 2012 Activities.
- Photos 2011 2011 Activities.
- Photos 2010 2010 Activities.
- Photos 2009 2009 Activities.
- Photos 2008 2008 Activities.
- Photos 2007 2007 Activities.
- Photos 2006 2006 Activities.
- Photos 2005 2005 Activities.
- Photos 2004 2004 Activities.
- Photos 2003 2003 Activities.
- Photos from the Beginning The Genesis of NMSL&RHS.
- AT&SF 3751 Excursion to the Grand Canyon May 14 - 19th, 2012
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - panorama by Ron T.
(originally featured in the February 23rd, 2013 Work Session Photos).
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - stylized photo by Ron T.
(originally featured on the web site front page Feb through Mar, 2013).
- Young AT&SF 2926 Seen working before her retirement.
(originally featured on the web site front page Sep-Oct, 2013).
- AT&SF 2926 Firebox Panoramic view inside the Fire Box by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page November 2013).
- If you have any old photos or videos of 2926? If so, our society would very much like
to have them. Full credit, of course, will be attributed. You can email them to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or "snail" mail them to:
PO Box 27270
Albuquerque, NM 87125-7270
- You are welcome to contact us for other options - see our
contacts page. Please be advised, that as a non-profit orgnization, we cannot pay (other
than shipping) for any items sent.
- Some earlier photo albums require Java to run. Java is a free download you can get at:
- All photos are copyright of NMSL&RHS (unless otherwise indicated) and may be used for
personal non-commercial use only without the express written consent of NMSL&RHS or the
appropriate copyright holder.