- 01-04-2014 Pictures through 01-11-2014; Winter Society party, Safety Training and work steams full-speed ahead for 2014.
- 01-18-2014 More Stay-bolt sleeve repairs (Will it ever end?), Driver Rod cover fabrication, scheming and planning for the future . . .
- 01-25-2014 Wise cats cheat death, Welch's Boiler to the rescue on stay-bolt sleeve repairs.
- 02-01-2014 Visit to the Land Commission in Santa Fe, continuing to eat that elephant one stay-bolt at a time.
- 02-08-2014 Snow, Rain or Shine - Pacific Fast Mail will be on-time . . .
- 02-15-2014 Walschaerts gear new bearing re-installs, Stay-bolt repair rages on, School kids visit.
- 02-22-2014 Crosshead machine work at GCRY and Cab-pull.
- 03-01-2014 Short day due to rain, monthly BoD meeting.
- 03-08-2014 Main Driver Brake Shoe and Radial Buffer work.
- 03-15-2014 Finishing-up the Radial Buffer fab, stay-bolt and superheater tube work.
- 03-22-2014 Stay-bolt and stay-bolt cap work continues, superheater tube work ramping up.
- 03-29-2014 Superheater tube work now underway.
- 04-06-2014 Superheater tube work and Cab electrical work, monthly BOD meeting-of-the-minds.
- 04-13-2014 Superheater swaging done, but superheater welding continues. Anthony's Graduation!
- 04-20-2014 Weather was not kind, but work pressed on.
- 04-27-2014 Lots of shaking and a movin' going on . . .
- 05-04-2014 Tearin' up the tracks . . .
- 05-11-2014 Siding construction over the hump, National Train Day at Alvarado Transportation Center, ABQ.
- 05-18-2014 Laying new ties & track for 2926's siding.
- 05-25-2014 Laying new ties & track for 2926's siding (continued).
- 06-01-2014 All but done with the new siding.
- 06-07-2014 Beginning to use our new siding and ramping-up work on the locomotive again.
- 06-14-2014 Superheater fabrication continues, fun at the WHEELS Museum Fundraiser.
- 06-21-2014 Raising the pit and tweaking the level of the siding, more superheater fab.
- 06-28-2014 Big day for track!
- 07-05-2014 The finished Crossheads are back & clean-up in Isle 9!
- 07-12-2014 Our monthly meeting and more work on fabricating the main cylinder hone tool.
- 07-19-2014 Siding finally done less finishing touches re-cementing the work area, FULL STEAM AHEAD again with the restoration.
- 07-26-2014 Hot day to work, foam meter sensors pulled and clean-up started on those.
- 08-02-2014 Tramming - aligning crosshead slides with the main piston bore.
- 08-09-2014 More Tramming and staybolt work.
- 08-16-2014 Cab re-install for Open House 2014, tramming & building more superheater pairs.
- 08-23-2014 Finishing up the grade crossing at the front gate, superheater tube fabrication continues.
- 08-30-2014 Engineer's side crosshead back from the machine shop and back on the engine.
- 09-06-2014 Crossheads and main-rods going on!
- 09-13-2014 Trammin', Monthly meeting and clean-up for Open House.
- 09-20-2014 Getting ready for Open House 2014.
- 09-27-2014 Open House 2014 (Dr. Mike POV).
- 10-04-2014 After months of design and fab, the hone works like a champ and the cylinders are done . . . kind of anti-climatic!
- 10-11-2014 Walschaerts timing gear assembly starts with the famous Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta going on overhead!
- 10-18-2014 More Walschaerts timing gear work.
- 10-25-2014 And more Walschaerts work along with more superheater work - and of course those blasted stay-bolt caps (will that ever end?)
- 11-01-2014 More & more Walschaerts work, superheater work and stay-bolt cap work. But it looks more complete every week!
- 11-08-2014 Monthly General Meeting, all kinds of work on various things like the firebox door, lube pumps, brakes and more . . .
- 11-15-2014 Fox Ch. 2 promo for Polar Express, otherwise just another day on the rail road.
- 11-22-2014 Main Steam Fountain valve clean-up, cab off for more stay-bolt work.
- 11-29-2014 A little work Thanksgiving week.
- 12-06-2014 New spare dynamo, new sidewalk, copper gaskets going in under staybolt caps.
- 12-13-2014 Installing staybolt copper gaskets, more superheater tube and brake pin work.
- 12-20-2014 Cold rainy day, but work mushes on.
- 12-27-2014 Last workday of 2014.
- 01-03-2015 First workday of 2015.
- 01-10-2015 Safety Class, then getting ready for Flue tube installation!
- 01-17-2015 Red Letter day - Starting work on the Flue tube installation!
- 01-24-2015 Cutting & stuffing those flue tubes one-by-one.
- Photos 2013 2013 Activities.
- Photos 2012 2012 Activities.
- Photos 2011 2011 Activities.
- Photos 2010 2010 Activities.
- Photos 2009 2009 Activities.
- Photos 2008 2008 Activities.
- Photos 2007 2007 Activities.
- Photos 2006 2006 Activities.
- Photos 2005 2005 Activities.
- Photos 2004 2004 Activities.
- Photos 2003 2003 Activities.
- Photos from the Beginning The Genesis of NMSL&RHS.
- AT&SF 3751 Excursion to the Grand Canyon May 14 - 19th, 2012
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - panorama by Ron T.
(originally featured in the February 23rd, 2013 Work Session Photos).
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - stylized photo by Ron T.
(originally featured on the web site front page Feb through Mar, 2013).
- Young AT&SF 2926 Seen working before her retirement.
(originally featured on the web site front page Sep-Oct, 2013).
- AT&SF 2926 Firebox Panoramic view inside the Fire Box by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page November 2013).
- Western Portal Moonville Tunnel Photo by Mike "gb_packards" (www.flickr.com)
(originally featured on the web site front page January-February 2014).
- AT&SF Fireman's side steam cabinet 2014 Photo by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page March-April 2014).
- Welding Stay Bolt Sleeves Photos by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page July - ??? 2014).
- If you have any old photos or videos of 2926? If so, our society would very much like
to have them. Full credit, of course, will be attributed. You can email them to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or "snail" mail them to:
PO Box 27270
Albuquerque, NM 87125-7270
- You are welcome to contact us for other options - see our
contacts page. Please be advised, that as a non-profit orgnization, we cannot pay (other
than shipping) for any items sent.
- Some earlier photo albums require Java to run. Java is a free download you can get at:
- All photos are copyright of NMSL&RHS (unless otherwise indicated) and may be used for
personal non-commercial use only without the express written consent of NMSL&RHS or the
appropriate copyright holder.