"Banging on a 2900"
Work Session Status Week Ending 11/09/2013
November 12, 2013
Work progressed in several areas this past week.
***During last week’s General Membership meeting the crew voted not to work the Wednesday before
Thanksgiving which is the 27th. However, the following Saturday, the 30th, the site will be open as usual.
- Custom angle cutting of the large flexible staybolt sleeves continues along with their beveling.
Thread chasing of existing sleeves is ongoing.
- Various stud bolts are being reconditioned with thread chasers while others are being replaced.
- Foot board brackets were located and are being installed. They also serve as pipe supports.
- More flexible staybolt sleeves were welded on the firebox this week. Besides Danny, John, one
of Welch’s welders, was on site to do the welding.
- Removing more crud from the frame is a seemingly never-ending job. Painting follows as
- Cleaning and painting of cab electrical conduit and various parts continues.
- Meetings with railroad track repair companies and steel building providers continued last week.
Don Mac. provided drawings to be submitted.
Hope to see you at the site, and as usual . . .
Keep on Steamin',
Rick Kirby, CMO